FORT BEND ISD (Covering Fort Bend News) – The application for Fort Bend ISD’s Free/Reduced Price Meals program is now open, and families can apply through the new SchoolCafe app at www.schoolcafe.com/fbisd. All Fort Bend ISD families are encouraged to apply.
The Free/Reduced Price Meals program offers breakfast and lunch options to all eligible students at no or reduced costs. Families who were approved for last school year will need to reapply to prevent a lapse in benefits for the 2019-20 school year. The eligibility requirements can be found on the FBISD Child Nutrition web site.
Criteria for meal benefits:
- Households with income that is at or below the income eligibility levels, or
- Households receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or
- Children with the status as a foster child, homeless, runaway, migrant farm worker or displaced by a declared disaster, or enrolled in Head Start.
Families will need to following information when completing the online application:
- Student’s legal name (first and last), birth date, and assigned student ID number (if known)
- Student’s school name
- All household gross income and/or SNAP or TANF eligibility determination group number (EDG# - this is not the Case #)
- Last four digits of the parent’s/guardian’s social security number
Families who do not have internet access may:
- Visit their child’s school and complete the application on a school computer, or
- Visit FBISD’s Child Nutrition Department (555 Julie Rivers Dr., Sugar Land, 77478) for computer access Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., or
- Request an application from their child’s campus or the Child Nutrition Department.
Families may apply at any time during the school year, and are encouraged to do so if they unexpected circumstances, including the loss of a job, a decrease in household income or the increase in household size. Under categorical or program eligibility, families who are directly contacted by the FBISD Child Nutrition Department regarding their eligibility will not need to apply.
For more information or assistance, contact the Child Nutrition Department at 281-634-1855 or email email@example.com.