FORT BEND ISD (Covering Fort Bend News) – Fort Bend ISD will host its annual Parent Organization/Booster Club meeting on Sat., Aug. 3, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., in the Main Auditorium of the Fort Bend ISD Administrative Annex, 3119 Sweetwater Blvd. in Sugar Land. The meeting will give participants an opportunity to review the latest guidelines and hear from and ask questions of the following speakers:
- FBISD Police Officers on Parent Organization/Theft Prevention in School
- FBISD Collaborative Communities on Criminal Background Checks and Reporting Volunteer Hours
- FBISD Dietician and the Director of Child Nutrition on Requesting Food Sales or Food Services
- FBISD Director of Enterprise Funds on Advertising and Food Trucks
- Texas Comptroller’s representative on Sales Tax Compliance
- Certified Public Accountant on 501(c)(3) Requirements and IRS Tax Filings
- Insurance Agent on Liability Insurance Coverage
Participants will also enjoy a Vendor Fair with more than 20 booths providing information on fundraising opportunities.
FBISD sent invitations to each FBISD PTO/Booster Club president. If you have not yet received your personal invitation, please email your name, email address, school name and position to Parent.Org@fortbendisd.com.