FORT BEND COUNTY (Covering Fort Bend News) – Artfully decorated model homes, community events and pop-up art will offer inspiration during “Houston’s Largest Home Tour” in April.
Throughout the month, 13 Houston-area communities — including five in Fort Bend —will open hundreds of model homes and available homes for sale daily. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and noon to 6 p.m. Sundays. Admission is free.
“Around the city, there will more than 150 model homes to explore,” said Christen Johnson, Senior Vice President of Marketing for Johnson Development, which is hosting the tour. “Beyond the homes, though, we will have a huge variety of pop-up art perfect for family photos or that Instagram-worthy snap. The tour is really about inspiration, both in home design and feel-good artful moments.”
The tour also will include a variety of free events and temporary art installations that will serve as a backdrop for Instagram-worthy photos. Participating Fort Bend communities include:
- Harvest Green, a 1,300-acre farm-centric development located in Richmond offers residents a true farm-to-table experience. Twelve model homes will be open during the tour. The public can experience life in Harvest Green during weekly farmers markets; a Pilates, Pints and Pups event April 7; and the April 28 crawfish boil. A herd of art cows will be permanently installed in the farm-centric development. Learn more at www.harvestgreentexas.com.
- Imperial, a 700-acre development surrounding the historic Imperial Sugar Company refinery in Sugar Land. March for Babies will raise funds for the March of Dimes April 13 at Constellation Field in Imperial. A colorful, 10-foot Sugar Land mural will be a fun photo backdrop. Details are available at www.imperialsugarland.com. Six model homes will open for touring.
- Riverstone, a 3,700-acre project in Fort Bend County just minutes from U.S. 59 and the Fort Bend Parkway. Six models will be open for touring during April. Plus, the community is hosting its popular Houston’s Coolest Crawfish Boil April 13. An 8-foot cattail topiary will serve as a selfie backdrop. Learn more at www.riverstone.com.
- Sienna Plantation, the No. 1 selling community in Texas, is hosting the Parks & Picnics Fun Fest April 13. Event-goers can literally picture themselves in Sienna standing in for the I in giant SIENNA letters. Twenty-three model homes will be open for touring in the 10,800-acre development, located along Highway 6 in Fort Bend County. More information is available at www.siennaplantation.com.
- Veranda, a 710-acre development in Richmond, is hosting a Birthday Bash April 27 to celebrate two years of development. Eight builders offer a wealth of home designs, with 13 models open for touring. While visiting, families can pose on a giant rocking chair for a one-of-a-kind photo. Learn more or visit www.verandatexas.com.
Tour maps and event details can be downloaded at www.houstonhometour.com.